The HSE endeavours to create an environment which enables Service Users to provide feedback (comments, compliments or complaints).
A Service User friendly approach to feedback relies on a positive attitude by the organisation towards Service User feedback.
In order to improve the cultural acceptance of feedback the organisation will:
- show how feedback can be used to drive service improvement
- demonstrate how feedback can highlight where the service is performing well
- identify how feedback can be used to improve the patient experience
- encourage staff to view feedback from a personal perspective, for example, how they would like to be treated if they had to make a complaint.
The HSE has a ‘No Wrong Door’ approach in relation to receiving feedback, this means that all staff are encouraged to accept feedback and assist the Service User.
There are a number of additional processes in place which also assist in enabling Service Users to provide feedback, which can include;
- Advocacy Services
- Patient Liaison Services
- Complaints Officers/Review Officers
- Public Representatives
- Parent/Legal Guardian/Family Member/Carer
- Email: email@example.com