The HR function is going through a period of restructuring to enable it to best support the organisation as it undergoes structural reform in line with Slaintecare. The information below reflects the current arrangements some of which will change over the coming months.
(i) Corporate Employee Relations Services (CERS) &Employee Relations Advisory & Assurance Services function
Corporate Employee Relations Services represents the integration of the HSE-Employers Agency and the existing HSE Employee Relations division. The service aims to develop an effective and responsive employee relations structure to support the various levels within the HSE and HSE funded agencies.
The Advisory Division provides employee relations and employment law advice to health service managers and employers, interpreting law so that it is applied in the most appropriate way and advising managers where issues arise. We also provide proactive advice to Departments of Public Expenditure and Reform and Health on the potential impact that government policy and strategy will have on employment within the health sector. We are responsible for drafting policies and standards to ensure that the health sector employs people safely throughout their working life.
The Employee Welfare and Wellbeing Division seeks to support managers to enable employees to reach and maintain their full potential in the workplace by ensuring mental, physical, emotional and psychological health and wellbeing, including health prevention, promotion and rehabilitation.
Contact details - John Delamere - firstname.lastname@example.org (01) 6626966
(ii) Strategic Workforce Planning & Intelligence
The Strategic Workforce Planning & Intelligence Unit has overarching responsibility for the monitoring and operation of the current employment control framework for the health services in line with Government policy on Public Service numbers and costs. This includes employment monitoring, production of monthly census, maintenance of census database, production of monthly employment monitoring reports and production of monthly percentage absence rates. It also includes monitoring retirements and resignations on a monthly basis and maternity leave, secondment arrangements and acting-up allowances on a quarterly basis.
The Strategic Workforce Planning & Intelligence Unit liaises and engages with the Department of Health and Children / Department of Finance re Government policy on health service numbers and costs in the context of the HSE's employment control framework. The unit prepares primary notifications of approval to recruit in respect of new approved and funded service developments. For further information on Health Service Employment Levels click here.
Contact details - email@example.com (01) 6352623
(iii) Leadership, Education and Talent Development
The Leadership, Education Talent Development department is responsible for:-
- the development and implementation of a Leadership and Management Development Strategy for health service managers, which delivers education, development and support in the context of optimum delivery of corporate and service plans;
- the development and operation of a Leadership Development Programme for senior leaders in the HSE through the identification, assessment and development of key talent in the organisation. Coaching and mentoring are included as key elements to support leadership and management development;
- leading the SKILL Programme by managing the tender process, budget allocation, development and quality assuring a suite of training and development activities for administrative and support staff across the wider health service based on identified priorities;
- the development and procurement of best in class eLearning Education and Development solutions for staff in the wider health service and the provision and maintenance of practice development hubs in partnership with subject matter experts to support key development activities, delivered through the dedicated Irish health service online learning portal www.hseland.ie;
- the provision of bespoke organisational support and development to teams and functions; and
- the provision of support for the implementation of individual and team performance management processes. This includes the provision of guides, training and support for line managers and staff in the process and ongoing monitoring of implementation.
Contact details – firstname.lastname@example.org (01) 8817038
(iv)Human Resources - Health Business Services
Human Resources - Health Business Services is responsible for optimising the development of Shared Services as it relates to Human Resources activity. This includes the development of National Recruitment Services, National Pensions Management, and National Personnel Administration. Since 2009, all recruitment has been centralised to the HSE National Recruitment Service (NRS), Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim and Merchant's Quay, Dublin 8.
Contact details - email@example.com (071) 982 0558
HR Support for Services
There is a designated Assistant National Director of Human Resources to support each Hospital Group, Community Healthcare Organisation, Health Business Services and Corporate Services. Click here for contact details.