The Change Guide is supported by a Literature Review completed by the Centre for Health Policy and Management, Trinity College Dublin supported by a Literature Review completed by the Centre for Health Policy and Management, Trinity College Dublin. is supported by a Literature Review completed by the Centre for Health Policy and Management, Trinity College Dublin It presents an academic appraisal of current literature on change management in health and social care systems. An important theme reflected in this literature is ‘engagement’ which emphasises the people and culture aspects of change management which are presented in greater detail in the Health Services Change Framework.
Change Guide eLearning programme
Organisation Development - Improving Change Capacity has developed an eLearning programme to accompany the Health Services Change Guide. This is part of our continued commitment to improve capacity for change and innovation. People are at the centre of all our change initiatives. The Health Service Change Guide focuses in particular on ‘People’s Need Defining Change’.
This eLearning programme takes you through all you need to know about people and culture change in 4 accessible modules. It provides you with practical help including tools and resources to support your service improvements and is relevant for staff at all levels. It aims to build your capacity, skills and confidence for delivering positive change in a complex environment such as health and social care.
By the end of the eLearning programme you will be able to:
- focus on creating readiness for change and service improvements, using the people and culture change platform
- understand how best to engage with all the people who will be impacted by the change
- use the key change activities to define what needs to change, design a better service and deliver on key results for service users and staff.
- understand how to apply the learning in practice to deliver positive change and innovation
- use the tools and templates to help you deliver safer better healthcare.
Access the eLearning programme by logging on to HSELanD. Go to the course catalogue section and search for Delivering Change in Health Services - complete guide.
The Health Services Change Guide also provides practical support through guidance, templates and resources. You can use these for your needs in a local context. In the Change Guide you will find the following: