NCCP National Executive Management Team
The purpose of the NCCP National Executive Management Team is to provide leadership and governance for the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP). It provides oversight for and allows for clinical and management input into priority setting, planning and implementation of the National Cancer Strategy and quality and safety.
The NCCP operates under the agreed HSE governance framework.
- Dr Jerome Coffey - National Director, NCCP
- Ms Fiona Bonas - Assistant National Director, NCCP
- Mr Pat Cafferty - Head of Planning, Performance, and Programme Management, NCCP
- Ms Terry Hanan - National Clinical Lead for Cancer Nursing, NCCP
- Ms Patricia Heckmann - Assistant National Director & Chief Pharmacist, NCCP
- Dr Triona McCarthy - Acting Assistant National Director - Community Oncology / Primary Care / Prevention, NCCP
- Dr Deirdre Murray - Cancer Intelligence, NCCP
- Professor Arnold Hill - National Surgical Oncology Programme Clinical Advisor
- Dr Maccon Keane - National Medical Oncology Programme Clinical Advisor
- Dr Joseph Martin - National Radiation Oncology Programme Clinical Advisor
National Clinical Programme Leads
NCCP Clinical Programme Leads will update the NCCP National Executive Management Team on the progress of their programmes, at a minimum annually and more often if required.
- Dr David Gallagher - National Clinical Programme Lead in Cancer Genetics
- Professor Elisabeth Vandenberghe - National Clinical Programme Lead in Haemato-oncology
- Professor Maeve Lowery - National Clinical Programme Lead in Translational Cancer Medicine
- Dr Helen Greally - National Clinical Programme Lead in Psycho-Oncology
- Professor Owen Smith - National Clinical Programme Lead for Children and Adolescent/Young Adults (AYA) with cancer
More information on NCCP functions is available below:
Clinical Practice Guidelines
National Medical Oncology and Haemato-oncology Programmes