From time to time, the NCCP conducts consultations as a method of seeking views on our work. We believe that public consultation provides an important means by which we can enhance our work through the active involvement and contribution from stakeholders working in cancer care, patients and members of the public. All consultation responses are read and considered by the NCCP staff.
NCCP Guidance on the Built Environment of a Haematology/Oncology Day Ward
The 2014 National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) Medication safety review recommended that national guidance be developed on the optimum built environment of a haematology/oncology day ward. A guidance document has been developed which will be relevant to frontline staff in medical oncology and haemato-oncology day units, infection prevention and control services, clinical directors, service managers, estates/technical services departments and risk management personnel.
The NCCP is seeking your feedback on this draft document NCCP Guidance on the Built Environment of a Haematology/Oncology Day Ward as part of a formal consultation process.
Please document any feedback, suggested changes or comments in the consultation feedback form ensuring that the section and page number your comment refers to is clearly indicated. If you would like to suggest any changes, full references of the evidence must be provided. We cannot consider any changes unless supporting evidence is included.
The Declaration of Interest form must be signed and returned with your consultation feedback form in order for your feedback to be considered by the working group.
All feedback should be sent to Inez Wash at email@example.com by 25th March 2019.
- Radiation Oncology – Clinical Practice Guidance
- GP Referral Guideline and Pathway for Suspected Colorectal Cancer
- National Quality Assurance Framework for Radiation Oncology in Ireland
- NCCP National Guideline on the 'Diagnosis and staging of patients with ovarian cancer'
- NCCP National Guideline on the 'Diagnosis, staging and treatment of patients with oesophageal or oesophago-gastric cancer'
- Extravasation Assessment and Care Record and Baseline Nursing Assessment and Education Record - final documents available here
- NCCP Capacity Planning for Parenteral Systemic AntiCancer Therapy (Pharmacy) - final documents available here
- Guidance on the retention and disposal of systemic anticancer therapy (SACT) prescriptions and compounding worksheets - final document available here
- Dose Banding for Systemic Anticancer Therapy (SACT) - final documents available here