From time to time, the NCCP conducts consultations as a method of seeking views on our work. We believe that public consultation provides an important means by which we can enhance our work through the active involvement and contribution from stakeholders working in cancer care, patients and members of the public. All consultation responses are read and considered by the NCCP staff.
Consultation on National Clinical Guideline – Diagnosis and Staging of Patients with Prostate Cancer
The National Cancer Control Programme would like to hear your views on the draft National Clinical Guideline – Diagnosis and staging of patients with prostate cancer as part of a national review in preparation for publication of this guideline.
Submitting your feedback
A feedback form including a declaration of interest form can be found here. Both forms must be completed for feedback to be considered. This should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please circulate to any colleagues with an interest in this area.
This guideline is an update of the diagnosis and staging section of the NCEC ‘Diagnosis, staging and treatment of patients with prostate cancer’ National Clinical Guideline No. 8, published in 2015.
Patients that are covered by this guideline
• Men with suspected prostate cancer referred from a urologist
• Men with biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer
Intended users of the guideline
This guideline is intended for all health professionals involved in the diagnosis and staging of patients with prostate cancer.
It is expected to be of interest to patients with prostate cancer and their families.
NCCP National Clinical Guidelines
- Diagnosis, staging and treatment of patients with colon cancer
- Diagnosis, staging and treatment of patients with rectal cancer
- National Breast Cancer GP Referral Guideline
- NCCP Guidance on the Built Environment of a Haematology/Oncology Day Ward
- Radiation Oncology – Clinical Practice Guidance
- GP Referral Guideline and Pathway for Suspected Colorectal Cancer
- National Quality Assurance Framework for Radiation Oncology in Ireland
- NCCP National Guideline on the 'Diagnosis and staging of patients with ovarian cancer'
- NCCP National Guideline on the 'Diagnosis, staging and treatment of patients with oesophageal or oesophago-gastric cancer'
- Extravasation Assessment and Care Record and Baseline Nursing Assessment and Education Record - final documents available here
- NCCP Capacity Planning for Parenteral Systemic AntiCancer Therapy (Pharmacy) - final documents available here
- Guidance on the retention and disposal of systemic anticancer therapy (SACT) prescriptions and compounding worksheets - final document available here
- Dose Banding for Systemic Anticancer Therapy (SACT) - final documents available here