The NCCP in conjunction with the NCEC has published a National evidence-based Clinical Guideline on Ovarian Cancer.
The guideline is available to download in PDF format HERE.
A summary of the guideline is also available in PDF format HERE.
You can download the literature search strategies for this guideline in PDF format HERE.
- Aim to improve the quality of clinical care,
- Aim to prevent variation in practice,
- Aim to address areas of clinical care with new and emerging evidence,
- They are based on the best research evidence in conjunction with clinical expertise,
- They are developed using a clear evidence-based internationally used methodology.
A Guideline Development Group was responsible for the development of this National Clinical Guideline and included representatives from relevant professional groups. The guideline focuses on the diagnosis and staging of patients with ovarian cancer. It does not include recommendations covering every aspect of diagnosis and staging.
Instead this guideline focuses on areas of clinical practice:
- known to be controversial or uncertain,
- where there is identifiable variation in practice,
- where there is new or emerging evidence,
- where guidelines have potential to have the most impact.
This evidence-based clinical guideline will ensure standardised multidisciplinary care for patients, putting evidence into practice to improve patient outcomes.
Comments should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
last updated 30th August 2019