NDTP Aspire Post CSCST Fellowships
The National Doctor’s Training & Planning Unit (NDTP) in conjunction with the Acute Hospital Division launched the NDTP Aspire Fellowship Awards in 2017.
The successful Aspire Fellows will be funded for:
- SpR Salary (highest point of scale) and headcount for the duration of the fellowship
- Eligibility to access the Higher Specialist Training Fund during the fellowship
The successful fellow receives:
- Formal recognition of achievement following completion of the fellowship from the relevant Irish Post Graduate Medical Education Body/Bodies
- A high quality fellowship experience in Ireland that will improve competitiveness for positions within Ireland.
NDTP is proud to launch its call for fellowship proposals for the 2021-2022 Aspire Fellowships.
Aspire 2021 Application Form and Application Guide can be found here.
The call for proposals opens August 4th and closes September 14th and September 28th (Primary Care).
Proposals are open exclusively to potential supervisors/clinical leads, as well as Primary Care Doctors and Supervisors at this time. Please do not apply unless you have a devised a fellowship proposal and curriculum for consideration.
Recruitment for the Post CSCST Aspire Fellowships will open once the successful fellowship proposals have been awarded funding.
2020 Successful Aspire Fellowships
NDTP is proud to announce the successful fellowships which will be recruiting for the 2020 intake.
8 Aspire Post CSCST Fellowships were awarded within the Acute hospital sector for 2020 in the following areas:
- Radiology: Prostate Cancer Survivorship
- Neurology: Epilepsy, E-Health and Transformation of Chronic Care
- Neurology: Autologous Haematopoietic Stem Cell Therapy (AHSCT)
- Paediatrics: Neonatal Transfusion and Haemovigilance
- Quality Improvement: Clinical Leadership and Quality Improvement
- Quality improvement: Public Health Medicine Fellowship in Quality Improvement
- Psychiatry: Fellowship in Psychological Medicine/Liaison Psychiatry for Children and Adolescents
- Psychiatry: Neuroimaging Fellowship in Mood Disorders
Please direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org /01 795 9919.
Post-CSCST Fellowships Scheme
NDTP HSE, in association with the recognised postgraduate training bodies, has established a register of approved post-CSCST fellowship posts in the Irish health service. The Post-CSCST Fellowships provide opportunities for doctors who have completed specialist training in Ireland to access high-quality training in a specialised area of clinical care. The additional training may assist doctors in acquiring the necessary requirements for accreditation with the Medical Council (for example specialist registration in Intensive Care Medicine). It may also result in doctors acquiring the additional training/experience needed for a particular consultant post (consultant posts with a special interest).
The Irish health service is hugely enhanced by the contribution of doctors who, having trained in Ireland, then avail of fellowships or other specialist training in centres of excellence abroad prior to taking up permanent posts in our hospitals. This will continue to be the case. However, the Post-CSCST Fellowship Scheme offers an alternative to trainees now that our own specialist clinical expertise and services have matured and developed. Please find more information on the Post CSCST Fellowship Scheme here.