Current Lead NCHDs (PDF).
I want to encourage you to get involved in the Lead NCHD initiative and if you are interested to get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact medical manpower at your hospital.
Here are some resources that may be useful for Lead NCHDs and NCHDs considering leadership:
- The Handbook for the role of Lead NCHD
- The Job Description for the role of Lead NCHD
- Presentation by Jared Gormly, NDTP-HSE Business Manager "Role of the NDTP"
- Presentation by Muriel Pate, Medication Safety Specialist Pharmacist National Quality Improvement Team, HSE "Lead-NCHD Know, Check, Ask"
- Presentation by Prof. Ruairí Brugha, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland "Wellbeing among trainees, interns and non-training scheme doctors"
- Presentation by Dr Mortimer O’Connor, Mercy University Hospital “Valuing Voices”
- Presentation by Dr Louise Hendrick, Temple Street Children’s University Hospital “Medication Safety – a collaborative approach”
- Presentation by Dr Anna McHugh, Letterkenny General Hospital “Occasional Acts of Kindness – Beating burnout”
- Presentation by Dr John Duddy, Beaumont "NOTED: A Clinical Task Handover System for NCHDs and Nurses"
- Presentation by Dr. Deirdre Kelly, Mater "The Value of Physician Leadership" & "Improving Weekend Discharges"
- Presentation by Dr Liam Healy, Cork University Hospital "The Lead NCHD Experience"
- Presentation by Elaine Birkett, Improvement, Innovation & Communications Coordinator, Organisation Development - Improving Change Capacity "Introduction to Health Services Change Guide for Lead NCHDs"
Here are some useful links to Lead Resources 2022: