Non anti-microbial recommendations
- Avoidance of triggers
- Sun protection factor (SPF) 30 or more year round.
- Cosmetics containing a UV filter.
- Non-perfumed non-abrasive gentle cosmetics.
- Be aware of triggers such as alcohol and spicy foods.
- Avoid topical steroids.
- Medications contributing to blushing e.g. Calcium channel blockers.
- Azelaic acid
- Brimonidine gel (warn patient of rebound symptoms)
- Topical ivermectin (Soolantra)
- Metronidazole gel
- (Effraceo) Doxycycline 50 mgs od 3-6 months
- (Effraceo) Doxycycline 40mgs od 3-6 months
- Tetralysal 408(300) mgs od 3-6 months
Be aware of ocular Rosacea and refer to ophthalmology.
Recalcitrant disease or Rhinophyma and phymatous changes refer to dermatology for consideration of Isotretinoin or surgical/non-surgical intervention.
References for this page
Reviewed June 2017